Sunday, December 2, 2012

Flooding in Reno: Oh the HORROR!!!

I have to warn my readers: this post contains shocking and horrible pictures of the flooding that occurred in Washoe County (the county that I live in and where Reno is).

The flooding was supposed to be so damned severe that they actually issued a state of emergency.

And thank God they did!!!

The pictures below demonstrate how much money was needed by the federal government for this absolute catastrophic event. Also, it is a good thing that they put plenty of firefighters, police and paramedics on stand by earning double time for their services during this, Reno's darkest hour.

Again, I have to warn my readers that the following images are very graphic and disturbing. And again, I re-iterate, it is a good thing that Washoe County got oodles and gobs of money to combat this latest disaster.
It is also a good thing that all those police, firefighters and paramedics (the ones not retired and getting fat on pension money that we all pay for), were getting paid double time by our tax money to sit around and do nothing.  It sure made me feel safe!

To start, as you can see below, the Wal-Mart parking lot was nearly a complete lake:
Reno Flood

Look again at the parking lot of Wal-Mart - notice the forboding sky and torrential downpour of rain that occurred this Sunday Afternoon:
Reno Flood

I stopped by a Walgreen's too.  As you ca see in the photo below, the entire ceiling collapsed.  I asked the young lady at the check stand how many people were killed when the entire ceiling collapsed.  She claimed that nobody was hurt, and that she did not even notice the damage to the ceiling (obviously, the young lady was in extreme shock and in a state of denial).  MEN-Factor reporters estimate that nearly 100,000 people were killed when the ceiling came crashing down - and nearly 250,000 people were severely injured.

Reno Flood

I braved myself to the Link Piazzo dog park.  As you can see in the picture below, it is now LAKE Piazzo dog park.  MEN-Factor reporters estimate that nearly 300,000 people drowned to DEATH in the puddle next to the benches during this terrible terrible flood.
Reno Flood

Luckily, no dogs drowned during the flood - even those dogs that were attending the park - as you can see in the photo below.
Spree
Awww - isn't she cute!

Now, we should all be thankful that our government spent so much money and got as many people as possible scared about this terrible flood that occurred.

I personally was kind of bummed, because I had started building an Ark, and was planning to put two of each animal on it.

I just hope that I can get all that money I spent back from the pet stores I went to yesterday.

7 comments:

  1. Now that is great investigative reporting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spare no expense when it comes to top-notch journalism.

      Except - I do not always run spell check...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is why I want attractive women to bare with me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was boring! See you're boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but at this point, I am guessing that you are about 12?

      Delete
  5. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone daily.

    Follow our signals NOW & make up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete